Sunday, April 1, 2007

CDM Points Teams

CDM is my favorite fantasy service. I've played with them for eight years now and have won a nice chunk of change along the way.

It is a salary-cap style game with 40 man rosters (28 starts, 12 bench), 25 team leagues, and league, overall, and weekly prizes. Transactions are made weekly and the salaries and positions don't change throughout the season.

I've entered seven teams across three different game formats (different costs and prizes).

Scoring:
1B- 1 point
2B- 2
3B- 3
HR- 4
Run- 1
RBI- 1
BB- 1
SB- 1

IP- 1
K- 1
Win- 10
Save- 10

Week 1 Staters:
C- Mauer
C- Piazza
1B- Fielder
1B- Gonzalez
2B- Weeks
2B- Phillips
3B- Cabrera
3B- Encarnacion
SS- Reyes
SS- Drew
OF- Soriano
OF- Sizemore
OF- Swisher
OF- Rios
OF- Taveras
OF- D.Young
Util- Howard
Util- Hafner

SP- Haren
SP- Olsen
SP- Sheets
SP- Hernandez
SP- Harden
SP- Papelbon
RP- Rodriguez
RP- Ray
RP- Street
RP- Saito

Bench:
C- McCann
1B- Pujols
2B- Utley
3B- Atkins
SS- Ramirez
OF- Holliday
OF- Baldelli
OF- Markakis
SP- Young
SP- Hill
SP- Hamels
SP- Cain

I've done a ton of research this year, so I really hope it pays off. My strategy was to mix a bunch of higher priced hitters with a relatively cheap pitching staff. Papelbon listed as a starter is money in this game. You get 14 buys throughout the year to drop a player from your team for a new one. I figure that I'd need at least two on closers, a couple on my speculative outfield, and the rest will be for the various pitching injuries that always occur.

No comments: