Friday, April 6, 2007

Is Niceeee

Another solid day in the books. I got to Foxwoods around noon and the Omaha wait list was already 12 names deep. So, I sat around for a couple of minutes before jumping into a $1-$5 Stud game. I was dealt a few nice hands, taking down a big pot with an aces full of fives fullhouse shortly after I sat down. I dwindled away $60 until I started with a QQ in the hole and a K showing. I caught another Q on the next card and it was smooth sailing til the end. I managed to finish up $85 after under an hour. I had said I am wasting my time on the $1-$5 table and should move up limits. Next time hopefully.

Over the past month, after six hours at the Stud tables, I was only at break-even. In the past two hours I've been up $155, which finally gives me a respectable win-rate.

They opened a new Omaha table around 1pm, which I was surprised about since it's Friday. When I sat down, it was a kill hand, meaning the limits were $6-$12. Usually it's a good idea to sit out a couple of hands when you are new to table to get a feel for the action, but I decided to play regardless. Right off the bat I'm dealt A267 and flop beautifully - 85K. The turn was even better, a 4, giving my nut high, nut low. The worst possible card in the entire deck came on the river, the 2 of clubs. This not only counterfeited my low, but gave someone a possible flush. I managed to squeeze out a quarter of the massive pot by splitting the high. On the turn I was looking at a nice $150 profit to start my day and wound up winning zilch.

Unfortunately it turned out to be a pretty tight table. We traded chips for about three hours. TightAssholeHick was down $100 quickly and that made me pretty happy. NiceMiddleAgedLadyButPlaysTooGoodForAWoman was also down $100 and that also made me happy. Finally BigFish sat down and we started getting some better sized pots.

I didn't have anything really going for me and was forced to switch tables when seats became available at the main Omaha game. The usually suspects had already moved to the new table, but there were a few other fish there. With no really memorable hands I cashed out $110 after playing for a couple of hours.

Total trip came out to +200 in 5.5 hours. A decent day all around, but I never had any huge wins. I noticed I was making better folds early in hands, rather than throwing away good money. I was also tilting less. The few times I'd get rivered to one of the only four cards in the deck that could hurt me, I didn't overplay crappy hands immediately after. Those two factors combined helped me minimize loses between my scattered wins.

With Easter on Sunday, I'm going to have to limit my gambling to one trip this week. I'll just have to make up for it with three trips to Foxwoods next week. (Which I plan on doing).

No comments: