Saturday, June 9, 2007

CDM Teams

My teams have been in a funk lately, dropping to as low as 250th overall. Nothing to be worried about however since at this time of the year most teams usually burn up too many buys, forgetting how long the season really is.

Right now I have 9 buys left, which is more than I'd expect, but I've been lucky with dodging injuries. I've also kept Edwin Encarnacion, Joe Mauer, and Felix Hernandez on the bench who are going to help out huge now that they are back. EE has already increased his average by 50 points since I started playing him again, all on the road no less. The average buys left for all competing teams is around 6. Remember, since you only start with 14, if the season is 1/3 in the books, you should have roughly 9.5 left.

In August/September, a lot of teams fall out of the race because they are unable to pickup the hot call-up from the minors or unable to drop the high percentage injury. Hopefully I can put myself in a good position to gain some late ground.

Since I've picked up Dice-K, I made one other move - Al Reyes for Houston Street, who hit the DL. The popular pickup was Valverde, but there's no guarantee he doesn't implode in the warm air in Arizona this summer.

No comments: