Saturday, March 24, 2007

7 Card Stud

I'm re-reading 7 Card Stud for Advanced Players by David Sklansky right now. I'm shocked by how much strategy I've actually forgotten. I was playing a lot of Stud, Stud hi-lo, and Razz a year ago online, but gave up on te because it's almost impossible to play more than two tables at a time and remember everyone's folded cards. Now that I'm playing more Stud at Foxwoods, it's time to brush the dust off my library.

Here's a list of poker/gambling books that I own and highly recommend:
  • High-Low-Split Poker
  • How to Win at Omaha High-Low Poker
  • Super System II
  • Secrets of Professional Pot-Limit Omaha
  • Getting the Best of It
  • Holdem Poker for Advanced Players
  • Seven Card Stud for Advanced Players
  • Small Stakes Holdem: Winning Big with Expert Play
  • The Theory of Poker
  • Sharp Sports Betting
Even if you are the best of players, there's always something new to learn from these books. I have a few new moves I want to work into my Stud game, mostly what to do with pocket pairs on third street.

No comments: