Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Results, Past and Present

I have three midterms this week and a team paper due tomorrow, so this is the best way to push off studying just a bit longer.

I've put in 31 hours at the $4/$8 Omaha game so far and have netted $950.

Last month I sat down at the $8/$16 game for a few hours because Foxwoods was packed and the waiting lists for all the other games were huge. The play was apparantly more logical; a lot of pre-flop raising, 3-bets, and pots being won without a showdown. Regardless, there were just as many donkies at the table and I can definitly make a nice profit there. I only put in 4 hours because I had to head home and finished down $250. At my lowest point I was down $400, but it didn't phase me much because we were generally putting $16 in a piece pre-flop and the variance can be pretty high. Losing only 16 big bets is nothing for those stakes and I look foward to playing this limit more often when there is a game going.

I play the $1-$5 stud game when I'm on the waiting list for Omaha and have recorded 6 hours with a loss of $10. I'm most dissapointed by my results at this game. I'm a pretty good stud player, but have considerably much less experience at it. The play at these tables (usually about six of them running at any given time) is absolutely terrible. At least four people stay until seventh street and there is no such thing as $1 bets. It's either call $5 or fold. There are frequent bluff attempts which are completely transparant. For these reasons I've been playing pretty tight, but there's no reason why I can't pick better situations to throw in $30 and stay to the end. I'm going to re-read some of my stud books so I can pick up some extra cash and then jump into the $5-$10 which I can get away with sitting down with just $200. I'm also anticipating an O8/S8 mixed game (Omaha hi-lo, Stud hi-lo) in Atlantic City that I'd like to play.

That puts my Foxwoods grand total at $700 after 41 hours, and I'll take it.

Over the past year I've been to Turning Stone a few times and made a few bucks at their $3/$6 Omaha game, $1-$5 Stud, and $2-4 Holdem. They recently upped the Omaha game to $4/$8, but I didn't play much, nor do I remember how I did. The play there is even worse with nearly everyone being triple my age. Any profit I took off the table I gambooled away at video poker (too tempting to resist).

Two years ago I was playing a ton online. Limit Holdem, No-limit Holdem, Omaha8, PL O8, Stud, Stud8, Triple Draw, HORSE, Royal Holdem, 5 card draw, video poker, and blackjack. I can't post the results here, but I had a lot of fun with the extra money.

More posts to come in the future on my video poker success.

No comments: