Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Baseball Update

With three weeks in the books, the real players are starting to break away from the pack and put up some sizable leads. Fortunately, I am one of them. My teams have been on absolute fire. My highest point was 18th overall in the main game with a $15,000 grand prize. Since then I have taken a few steps back in the standings due to a lack of saves this week.

Throughout the year, you are only allowed 14 player purchases, where you drop a player from either your starting lineup or bench, and pick up a new one. I made my first buy last week, dropping a struggling Olsen for Maine who has two starts (vs. COL, @ WAS). This week, my bench starters include Harden (DL), Hernandex (DL), Sheets (hurt groin in last start). As of today, Sheets is still scheduled to start on Tuesday, but this could change over the weekend.

My outfield is falling apart as well. I have Soriano with zero HRs and one RBI, Taveras who's done nothing so far, and Baldelli and Swisher who are nursing injuries. I'm going to hold off on dropping anyone though because there's no one I really want to buy.

My buy candidates include:
Peavy (expensive) - nasty in last start with 16 Ks in 7 IP.
Wolf (dirt cheap) - 31 Ks in 30 IP with 3 wins.
Sabathia (moderately expensive) - great start, but he's still a fat fuck.

Remember, ERA and WHIP don't matter, just Ks, IPs, and wins.

I'll post an update next Monday with my changes.

No comments: