Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Potential Gold Mine

I stumbled upon my longed ignored Absolute Poker account today to find that there were four $2/$4 Omaha hi/lo games running during the day. First of all, I was shocked. Second of all, I was very shocked. Not only were there a decent amount of games, but they were not the usual super-tight players from as recent as six months ago. In years past, Absolute was known to be one of the tightest and hardest to beat sites because they offered unlimited bonus reloads. Many people would nut-peddle and play to clear bonus dollars instead of playing for fun.

I found out that by signing up for a service called Add-Funds, I can essentially purchase long-distance calling cards and then transfer the 'calling card money' over to the poker site. It sounds like a completely insane way to move money around, but I was willing to risk a couple hundred of dollars for the opportunity to play online. I wound up getting the entire thing setup in 15 minutes and had a $200 balance sitting in my Absolute poker account.

It's still unknown if I'll ever see this money again. There have been some reports that Citizens Bank stopped accepting PokerStars checks, but I don't really know the severity of what's going on. Technically there should be no problems with banks accepting money from gambling sites, it's just that the process of getting money to the sites that was affected.

I opened up two Omaha tables and they were $$$. I've never seen such poor play since Party Poker left the US market. I made an easy $60 in under an hour and very much look forward to playing as much as I can. It seems like the highest traffic will be during the day, since most of the players should be Europeans playing during their evening, but I really don't know yet.

No comments: